Hand-painted flowers framed by gold filigree panels decorate the white china. Trimmed in gold on the rims. Marked Hammersley 4055 on the underside but the pattern is more commonly known under the name Hammersley Dresden Spray.
|HMDS-01.4||Spare cup for the cup and saucer set (4 available)||22|
Hammersley and Co. was founded in Stoke-on-Trent in 1887 in a plant that had previously operated under the name "Harvey Adams & Co.". Hammersley continued producing fine bone china dinnerware tableware known for its elegance until the end.
The company was purchased by Copeland (Spode) in 1966 who, in turn, was purchased by Royal Worcester in 1976. Fine bone china tableware continued being produced under the Hammersley name until 1988.