A narrow burgundy band with gold filigree decorates the white china produced in the Corinth shape from 1983 to 2000. These are still in their original plastic wrappers. Marked Paragon Holyrood on the underside.
|PAHO-01.5||Saucer for cup and saucer set (8 available)||$9|
Paragon started out as "Star China" in 1897 and only started using "Paragon" as a trade name around 1903. In 1919, the company name was changed to "Paragon China Company Ltd". Known initially for its tea and breakfast fine bone porcelain it expanded in the 1930's into a full range of dinner ware as well as greatly expanding its export markets.
The fine quality of its china brought it several royal warrants of appointments from Queen Mary, the Queen Mohter and Queen Elizabeth.
In the 1960's Paragon was purchased by Royal Albert who for several years continued to produce some its more popular patterns until 1992. Eventually, Royal Albert was also bought out by Royal Doulton.