This pattern features a sage green border with gold scrollwork over the embossed rims. It was produced from 1965 to 1978. Marked Royal Doulton Fontainebleau on the underside.
|RDFO-01||Cup and saucer (2 remaining)||$20|
|RDFO-02||Demi-tasse cup and saucer (6 available)||$20|
|RDFO-06||6 3/4 inch bread and butter plate (1 remaining)||$10|
|RDFO-08||8 inch salad or dessert plate with superficial knife marks (3 available)||$15|
|RDFO-09||9 inch luncheon plate with some superficial knife marks (8 available)||$22|
|RDFO-10||Dinner plate with some superficial knife marks (6 available)||$29|
|RDFO-40||Large open vegetable dish (1 available)||$80|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.