Large thistle sprays decorates the white china. Trimmed in gold on the rims. Signed P. Curnock and carry an inscription that reads "Royal Doulton Glamis Thistle: Found near Glamis Castle, Home of Queen Elizabeth. H4601 R1938".
|RDGT 01||Teacup and saucer with v-shaped saucer. (7 available)||$20|
|RDGT 01||Spare saucer for the cup and saucer set with v-shaped saucer (1 available).||$8|
|RDGT 01||Spare saucer for the cup and saucer set with u-shaped saucer (1 available).||$8|
|RDGT 06||Bread and butter plate measures 6 inches (3 available).||$10|
|RDGT 07||Desert plate measures 7 inches (3 available)||$28|
|RDGT 34.4||Underplate for a gravy dish or soup tureen (1 available).||$28|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.