This pattern displays large hand-tinted floral sprays that are framed by pink panels. The background of the bone china is a cream colour. The slightly scalloped rims are trimmed in gold. Marked Royal Doulton Old Chelsea. There is also a stamped text "Adapted from a plate made at Chelsea circa 1760". Based on an incised mark on some of the pieces, they were produced around 1961.
|RDOCH-01||Cup and saucer (6 available)||$38|
|RDOCH-01.5||Spare saucer for the cup and saucer set (1 available)||$10|
|RDOCH-06||Bread/butter plate (4 available)||$18|
|RDOCH-09||Luncheon plate measuring 9 inches accross (8 available)||$37|
|RDOCH-10||Dinner plate (8 available)||$45|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.