|A dainty border of multi-coloured flowers grace this white plate with a platinum trim. Stamped Royal Doulton Pastorale on the underside. Produced from 1970 to 1988.|
|RDPA-08||Salad plate (1 available)||$18|
|RDPA-21c||Covered sugar dish||$35|
|RDPA-31.5||Coffee pot and lid (Lid in excellent condition with a crack in the pot)||$32|
|RDPA-39.1||Rectangular covered vegetable dish with very minor wear to platinum trim||$75|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.