A beige background colour with brown branches and leaves complemented by hand-painted blue flowers and band decorates the white china. Trimmed in gold on the rims. In addition to Royal Doulton Prelude stamp on the underside some of the pieces have a hand-painted mark "#23" in green and"V222D" in black.
|RDPREL-01||Cup and saucer set (7 available)||$20|
|RDPREL-01.5||Saucer for a cup and saucer set (1 available)||$5|
|RDPREL-04c||Cream soup cup and saucer set (3 available)||$22|
|RDPREL-05||Fruit nappy/bowl (6 available)||$18|
|RDFREL-06||Bread and butter plate (3 available)||$8|
|RDFREL-08||Salad plate (6 available)||$14|
|RDPREL-10||Dinner plate with some light surface scratching (5 available)||$20|
|RDPREL-13||Meat platter measuring 12 3/4 by 10"||$90|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.