Trimmed in gold on the rim. Marked Royal Doulton Rondelay on the underside.
|RDRON-01c||Coffee cup and saucer (2 available)||$32|
|RDRON-01.5||Spare saucer for a cup and saucer set (1 available)||$8|
|RDRON-04c.5||Spare underplate for a cream-soup cup and saucer set (1 available)||$10|
|RDRON-06||Bread and butter plate (17 available)||$10|
|RDRON-10||Dinner plate with very light surface scratching (5 available)||$35|
|RDRON-39||Oval covered vegetable dish||$125|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.