|This pattern displays a wide sage green band with taupe and yellow highlights that are accented by gold trim. This pattern in the Concord shape. Marked Royal Doulton Sonnet on the underside.|
|RDSO-01||Cup and saucer (4 available)||$17|
|RDSO-01.4||Spare cup for the cup and saucer set (1 available)||$10|
|RDSO-06||Bread and butter (4 available)||$8|
|RDSO-08||Salad plate (2 remaining)||$9|
|RDSO-12||Tab-handled cake plate measuring 9 1/2 by 10 1/2 inches.||$28|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.