|Silhouetted flowers and scrollwork decorates the grey background. Trimmed in platinum on the rim. These items are marked Royal Doulton Valleyfield H4911 on the underside.|
|RDVALF-01||Cup and saucer (5 available)||$12|
|RDVALF-04c||Cream soup cup and saucer (6 available)||$22|
|RDVALF-06||Bread and butter plate (6 available)||$8|
|RDVALF-10||Dinner plate (2 available)||$20|
|RDVALF-13||Oval meat platter measuring 14 by 10 3/4 inches||$105|
Founded in 1815 by John Doulton and John Watts and known as Doulton & Co. and later as Doulton & Watts, this company specialized in industrial stoneware and decorative garden pottery.
John Doulton's son, Henry, in association with John Sparkes, the headmaster of the Lambeth School of Art, started in 1871 the production of art pottery that was very well regarded. In 1901, King Edward VII bestowed upon the company the right to use the word "Royal" preceding its name. Since then it has called itself Royal Doulton.
The company is known for its figurines, its character jugs and vases as well its many china patterns.
Royal Doulton is now part of the Waterford Wedgwood group.