Royal Crown Derby
Royal Crown Derby was founded around 1750 by Andrew Planche in the first china works in Derby. It's skilled artisans could produce china of the highest quality, to the point where they were competing with Dresden. In 1775 the factory was allowed to incorporate the crown into its backstamp. In 1890, Queen Victoria gave Crown Derby a royal warrant as well as the right to use the title "The Royal Crown Derby Porcelain Company".
Through the centuries the artisans of Royal Crown Derby innovated in shapes, glaze, decoration and production processes.
Royal Crown Derby is now owned by Steelite International and is one of the few remaining manufacturers still producing in the UK.